In 1973 Cavett Robert started NSA to support professional speakers – people who speak for a living and have a speaking business – to learn, exchange ideas and share experiences. The NSA-KC chapter strives to honor that intent by supporting professional NSA members in a 5-state region (Kansas, Western Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, Arkansas). We welcome individuals who are professional members of National Speakers Association and who want to develop mastery in both their speaking and business building skills.
To Join NSA-KC
To be a member of NSA-KC you first need to be a professional member of the National Speakers Association. There are four National Speakers Association (NSA) membership categories. Click here to learn about them. To qualify for NSA professional membership you need to meet ONE of the following professional membership criteria:
- Option 1 – You have received compensation for 20 or more presentations within the 12 months prior to application. Supporting documentation can be any of the following: contracts, paid invoices, check copies, speaker agreements, tax returns or documents showing revenue has been generated as a result of your speaking engagements.
- Option 2 – You have given 20 or more presentations to audiences of 15 or more as part of a salaried position within the 12 months prior to application. Supporting documentation: a letter from your employer.
- Option 3 – You have earned $25,000 or more giving presentations (number of speaking engagements does not matter) within the 12 months prior to application. Supporting documentation can be: contracts, paid invoices, check copies or tax returns showing speaking income.
To apply for professional membership in NSA, go to www.NSASpeaker.org or call 480-968-2552.
Apply for NSA-KC Membership
After you are a professional member of NSA, join NSA-KC and connect with speakers in our 5-state area. Download the NSA-KC membership application. The membership fee is $360 per year, renewable on July 1, and includes free attendance at four educational events, and a link to your professional profile on the eSpeakers website (www.espeakers.com). When you join NSA-KC, the dues are prorated for the July renewal date. Please see the prorated dues amounts below, based on the date you submit your application. You may pay your dues with check or credit card.
- Pay with check: Mail the completed application along with your check (payable to NSA-KC) for the dues to NSA-KC, PO Box 104, Bonner Springs, KS 66012.
- Pay with credit card: Complete the application and either mail to address above or email to "info @ nsa-kc.org" (no spaces in address). Pay via PayPal the appropriate prorated dues amount. (You do not need to have a PayPal account in order to submit your payment.)
After receiving your completed application and payment, the chapter administrator will verify NSA membership and forward your information to the membership director, who will contact you to schedule a New Member Orientation. Our members abide by NSA's Code of Professional Ethics.
NSA-KC Prorated Membership Dues
July - June
August - June
September - June
October - June
November - June
December - June
January - June
February - June
March - June
April - June
May - June
June 1 - June 30