Media Madness Webinar with Darren Kavinoky
Accomplished trial lawyer, well-known television host and legal analyst,
and compelling keynote speaker.
Saturday, February 20, 2016 at 11:00 AM (CST)
Darren Kavinoky knows first-hand that being seen on the "magic box" in the living room leads to the (often erroneous) conclusion that he knows what he’s talking about (just ask anyone who knows him!). This is a powerful tool in the hands of a speaker.
There's no doubt that being a recognized "subject matter expert" can make all the difference when it comes to being booked. With the advent of podcasts, YouTube, and other social media channels, it is now easier than ever to be broadcast. At the same time, the sheer number of these alternative media sources makes appearing on the traditional broadcast channels all the more special.
"Media Madness" will deliver on a key promise: You will walk away knowing exactly what it takes to get booked on TV and radio shows, and more importantly, to be asked back. Based on Darren's real-life experiences, and feedback from decision-makers for major programs, you will learn:
- What TV and radio producers look for when booking a guest.
- How you can position yourself to be the solution to their content-creation needs.
- How to create collateral materials that will stand out from the crowd and get you booked.
- How to make booking you "risk free" to producers.
- What kind of practice will make the difference to your "front of the camera" or "behind the mic" performance.
- How to make it look like you've been there before (even if it's your first time).
- The mistakes beginners make, and how to avoid them.
- How to dress for success when you are given the opportunity.
- How to leverage any appearances on your speaking materials.
- Much, much more!
If you're a speaker, no matter what your area of expertise, there's an opportunity for you to be the "go to" person in your field. This webinar will give you an understanding of how to create the chance to deliver, and ensure your success when the moment comes.
Read Darren's bio here.
$25 for NSA-KC members $35 for non-members
This webinar will be offered via Zoom. Before the webinar, the webinar host will email the link to you to connect to the webinar. The webinar will be recorded and all those who register will receive a copy when it is available from the webinar host.
NSA-KC members register here.
Guests/Non-members of NSA-KC register here.